Over 90 million Americans experience some sort of sleep deprivation – which makes for a ton of funny stories.
Here are some of the funniest moments confessed by sleepy people across the web:
1. “My husband woke up and stood beside the bed holding a pillow thinking it was our daughter. He started flipping it around, and when I asked him what he was doing, he said, “I can’t find her head!” We had a good laugh at that one.”
2. “I once spent five minutes searching desperately for my cell phone, complaining the whole time about it being missing, to my girlfriend, who I was talking to on my cell phone. This went on until she timidly asked, “Are you using your cell phone right now?” It was such an out of body experience, I just hung up.”
3. “Many years ago, I had to do a presentation. When I got to the meeting and opened my brief case, I realized I had been carrying a backgammon board all morning.”
4. “This morning at church I was chatting with a friend of mine who has an 8-week-old. I asked, "What's his name again?" And she just stared at me, completely dumbfounded. We both started giggling and it took her a full 30 seconds or so to remember! She said the name that kept popping into her head was the name they almost chose, and she couldn't recall his actual name! I've done the same thing with my own kid several times. Sleep deprivation is rough! 😂”
5. “I brewed an entire pot of coffee, and then raged for 10 minutes that it wasn’t right...I forgot to put coffee in and I brewed a pot of hot water.”
6. “Probably TMI, but my best story is falling asleep on the can in the middle of the night with my head resting against the facing wall. I was awakened by a house guest. How embarrassing.”
7. "My neighbor asked if I'd take care of her cat. I said "for a night, to take her off your hands". It was getting late and I dozed off, when I woke up she was sleeping on my head. The true definition of a catnap."
They say laughter is the best medicine – when you’re so tired you can’t remember your glasses are already on your face, the only other thing you can do besides laugh – is sleep!