National Pizza Day is Saturday, February 9th! I know it’s so exciting, but before you run out and order that delicious delicacy let's talk about the best type of pizza to eat, and the best time to eat pizza.
There are tons of ways to enjoy a good pizza, but the best time of day is in the morning after you’ve had a great night’s sleep on your SleepOvation mattress. Your whole life you have been told to avoid this guilty pleasure, but it's true pizza for breakfast is good for you.
Breakfast pizza is a quick, and delicious fix to get your day started. All you need is some fresh dough and some of your favorite breakfast toppings. You can use scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, spinach and so much more. Eating this guilty pleasure will give you the energy you need to get your day going and is easy to take on the commute.
To learn how to make this tantalizing treat, follow the directions below:
- STEP 1: Make sure to prep your pizza dough ahead of schedule. You can make this dough or purchase it from your local grocery store. (If desired, the pizza crust can be baked for a few minutes prior to adding the toppings.)
- STEP 2: Heat oven to 450°F.
- STEP 3: Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- STEP 4: Melt butter in a nonstick skillet; add egg mixture. Cook to desired consistency for 2-3 minutes or until set. Remove from heat; set aside.
- STEP 5: Place pizza crust onto large baking sheet; top with cheese, cooked eggs, protein of your choice, and anything else your heart desires.
- STEP 6: Add more cheese on top. Bake 9-11 minutes or until cheese is melted, and crust is lightly browned.
- STEP 7: Slice it up. Serve it hot.
If you are looking for a healthier, yet satisfying pizza just reach for a fruit pizza. I mean it is National Pizza Day, so why not go all out.