Have you ever found yourself wanting to re-dream your most imaginative dreams, or wanting to dream that your Santa Claus jumping from chimney to chimney dropping off gifts, or coal? Here’s how to turn those figurative dreams into real dreams.
Part 1: Recording Your Dreams
1. Start using a small notebook as a dream diary, and set the journal nearby so that you can quickly write down what happened in the dreams you remember when you wake up.
2. Write down what you want to dream about every night before you go to sleep. The trick is to tell yourself what you are going to experience when you dream, so that you can become aware of your dreaming state while you dream.
3. Record your dreams every morning to train your mind to recall it’s dreams – the more you train your mind to remember, the sharper and more heightened your dreams will become.
Part 2: Practicing Wakefulness
1. Read through your target dream every night before bed, as many times as possible. Your brain will think it knows what the words mean and get lazy and will only processes the outline of the words and not their sense.
2. Lie down, close your eyes, and think hard about your target dream. Relax. Think of specific details like the sounds, the dialogues, the imagery, etc.
3. Walk through your target dream in the first person point of view, from start to finish in the exact sequence you expect it in your dream. Go to sleep with these images and sounds in your head.
Part 3: Getting Control in Dreams
1. Try "reality checks" throughout the day – ask yourself: "Am I awake, or am I dreaming?" This will ultimately help you tell the difference between the dream world and reality when you are asleep.
2. Ace your reality check - when you're having a dream and realize that you are having a dream, then you start to be able to control most of what happens in your dream. Try small activities, like cooking food, climbing a ladder, or riding a bike.
3. Gradually build up to being Santa Claus by flying, swimming deep in the ocean, or time traveling. Try moving huge objects or passing through walls – then go for it, ho-ho-ho your way to sweet victory.